5 Realities or Challenges to Education:
- The ability to learn anytime, anywhere is pushing the boundaries of education. Students are "nodes in a broad network of distributed learning."
- There is a movement to privitize education (online learning). If your goal is to pass the test, companies will reign over traditional schools.
- Standardized tests are problematic and catastrophic to education and demeaning to the profession.
- Technology is happening so fast! Teachers have no context for what to do with that different learning.
- There is a disruption in thinking about higher education. Don't simply focus on "college readiness."